No relief from cold in Himachal Pradesh
By PTI - SHIMLA
07th December 2012 10:02 PM
There was no respite from the cold wave and icy winds in Himachal Pradesh as temperature in the higher reaches of the state hovered around freezing point.
Although day and night temperatures rose by one to two degree Celsius in the state, there was no relent from the biting cold wind in the higher parts of the state, MeT office sources said.
Keylong, the district headquarters of the Lahaul and Spiti, recorded a minimum temperature at minus 3.5 deg C while it was 2 deg C at Kalpa in Kinnaur district.
The state capital Shimla recorded a night temperature at 10.4 deg C followed by Nahan at 10.3 deg C, Dharamsala 8.6 deg C, Una 8.4 deg C, Sundernagar 3.6 deg C and Manali at 2.6 deg C.
Shimla recorded a day temperature at 16 deg C, a fall of 4.4 deg C from yesterday's 20.4 deg C C as the weather remained cloudy.
Una and Nahan were hottest with the maximum temperature recording at 22.8 deg C each followed by Solan at 21 deg C, Sundernagar 20.1 deg C, Bhuntar 15.6 deg C and Kalpa 10.8 deg C, the sources added.
The local MeT office predicted dry weather for the next 24 hours in the state.
- The Woolwich 'beheading' is straight out of al-Qaeda's terror manual
- Not a drop of Cauvery for people on its banks
- Dalit discrimination 'forms' in colleges
- Marine turtles giving Kerala a miss
- New mango named Nirbhaya after gang-rape victim
- Shortage of essential TB drug heightens risk to patients, others
- Four years of UPA-II
- Nine years as PM: What will be Manmohan Singh's legacy?
- There is betting link even in Sree's company
- Sahara Group accuses the BCCI of Betrayal
- BrahMos missile test fired from Russian warship
- IPL ban, takeover of BCCI sought
- Police summon CSK boss on spot-fixing
- Names of UPA ministers will surface in IPL spot-fixing: Swamy
- Bride-to-be found with head smashed
- IPL Eliminator: Brad Hodge helps Royals beat Sunrisers