Another fake Facebook account case in Maharashtra
By PTI - MUMBAI
01st December 2012 03:44 PM
Raj Thackeray-led MNS has complained to police that a bogus account was allegedly created in the name of the party chief's son on social networking site Facebook and "objectionable" comments about B R Ambedkar were posted.
A written complaint was submitted by the party to Joint Commissioner of Police (Crime) Himanshu Roy, who forwarded it to Cyber Cell for inquiry, police said today.
The complaint said a fake account had been created on Facebook in the name of Amit, son of Maharashtra Navnirman Sena chief Raj Thackeray, and "objectionable" content posted there about the architect of Indian Constitution.
A party worker drew Raj's attention about the fake account following which the police was approached.
In a related case, police in Palghar town in adjoining Thane district yesterday received a complaint about some "objectionable" matter related to late Shiv Sena chief Bal Thackeray posted on a fake Facebook account opened in the name of a local newspaper.
Mohammed Hussain Nadi Sarwar Khan, editor of `Palghar Mirror', a fortnightly in Hindi and Marathi, complained that a fake account had been opened on the popular site in his newspaper's name and objectionable comments about Thackeray were put on it.
Earlier on Wednesday, a teenager from Palghar, Sunil Vishwakarma, had been detained by police on suspicion of posting an objectionable Facebook comment against Raj Thackeray.
The 19-year-old was let off the next day after police found that a fake account was used by some persons in his name, police said.
- For team Rahul, it’s good politics that will yield rich dividends for poor Indians
- Four years of UPA-II
- Nine years as PM: What will be Manmohan Singh's legacy?
- Maharashtra’s aid to digitise rare manuscripts in Thanjavur
- 'Climate change may spell disaster for coastal economy'
- Lanka’s woman Thavil players fading away
- Pakistan's answer to electricity shortages: Don't wear socks
- All dead, no vultures fly in Andhra now!
- Incredible India! Cuppa at Rs 1,200 is Chiru’s idea of sustainable tourism
- BSNL Ernakulam posts Rs 390-crore turnover
- Chennai Super Kings beat Mumbai Indians, reach IPL finals
- Suriya storms ahead of Vijay, Ajith online
- CM can go his way: Ramesh Chennithala
- Yasin Malik’s support for Sri Lanka Tamils a sham
- Meghalaya's CMJ University faces probe after awarding suspicious PhDs
- Vindu Dara Singh nabbed for IPL scam links