Tremors shake Himachal towns
By IANS - SHIMLA
27th November 2012 07:57 PM
Tremors of a light intensity were felt in Himachal Pradesh Tuesday evening. No loss of life or damage
to property has been reported.
An earthquake measuring 4.8 on the Richter scale was felt for some seconds around 5.45 p.m. in the state, including in Shimla and Solan districts, an official at the state Meteorological Office here said.
He said the epicentre was in Uttarkashi in Uttarakhand.
Last month, Himachal twice felt earthquakes of light intensity. The epicentre of both quakes was on the border of Chamba and Lahaul and Spiti districts.
- For team Rahul, it’s good politics that will yield rich dividends for poor Indians
- Four years of UPA-II
- Maharashtra’s aid to digitise rare manuscripts in Thanjavur
- 'Climate change may spell disaster for coastal economy'
- Lanka’s woman Thavil players fading away
- Pakistan's answer to electricity shortages: Don't wear socks
- All dead, no vultures fly in Andhra now!
- Lingerie mannequins face moral police wrath
- Incredible India! Cuppa at Rs 1,200 is Chiru’s idea of sustainable tourism
- Super Kings hope to ride Mumbai's hit wave
- Suriya storms ahead of Vijay, Ajith online
- Chennai Super Kings beat Mumbai Indians, reach IPL finals
- Meghalaya's CMJ University faces probe after awarding suspicious PhDs
- Man arrested for attempt to attack TV host Ranjini Haridas
- CCTV must for BPUT exam centres
- Vindu Dara Singh nabbed for IPL scam links