Amritanandamayi to address Asia, South Pacific consultations
By PTI - NEW DELHI
26th November 2012 02:47 PM
Mata Amritanandamayi Devi of Kerala will address the Asia and South Pacific Regional Consultations on the United Nations Alliance of Civilisations in China later this week.
The conference, which will take place in Shanghai on November 29 and 30m is being organised by UNOAC which is an initiative of the United Nations launched in 2005 by the then Secretary-General Kofi Annan.
Titled 'Harmony Through Diversity & Dialogue', the Shanghai Conference will provide an interactive and informal platform for exchange on views on how the UNOAC can develop its roots in the Eastern part of the world.
Mata Amritanandamayi Devi will join political leaders, representatives of international and regional bodies, private sector, academics, civil society groups and foundations.
This will be the first time she will be visiting China though she has conducted programmes in the United States, South America, Europe, Canada, Africa, Japan, Australia, the UAE, Malaysia, Singapore, Mauritius, Reunion Island and Russia.
- South block watch
- Greasepaint fails to hide K-town tension
- T M Soundararajan: An Alchemist who mixed melodies with emotions
- Srinivasan's Kolkata connect
- Organ transplant: Online network to connect donor, recipient
- 10 things to know for the French Open
- UPA-II anniversary: No honest appraisal
- Woolwich attack provokes anti-Muslim backlash across UK
- Raids on six officials reveals huge stash
- Experts push for blanket ban on tobacco promotion
- Maoist attack: Kidnapped Chhattisgarh Congress chief, son found dead, toll 27
- Sonia shocked, PM offers help to Raman
- Maths paper puzzles CBSE Class XII students
- Siddaramaiah inducts SR Patil into Karnataka State Cabinet
- Now, Delhi police go after eight Kings XI Punjab players
- Vidya Balan to go gangsta?