JKLF warns against execution of Afzal Guru
By PTI - SRI NAGAR
22nd November 2012 07:22 PM
Amid calls for execution of 2001 Parliament attack death row convict Afzal Guru after the hanging of Ajmal Kasab yesterday, separatist JKLF today warned of "disastrous consequences" if the Centre takes any "wrong decision" about him.
"If the Indian state repeats its mistake (of hanging JKLF founder Mohammad Maqbool Bhat) and takes any wrong decision about Mohammad Afzal Guru, it will have disastrous consequences for the whole region," JKLF chairman Mohammad Yasin Malik said in a statement here.
The Jammu Kashmir Liberation Front leader said after the hanging of Kasab, BJP and some Congress leaders have raised their rhetoric demanding hanging of Guru which has set a wave of concern among the Kashmiris.
- You are aiming high, but beware of marketers selling you as an FMCG
- With Advani visit, Modi begins charm offensive
- Social media goes martial over High Court's marital ruling
- Slum removal scheme tweaked to make it more effective
- Ready to tune in the lord, catch him up on Twitter
- 95 per cent stolen goods not recovered in Kerala, says NCRB
- Karnataka MLAs were frugal in their poll spending
- Now talcum powder linked to ovarian cancer
- Indian Coast Guards help rescue 26 crew from shipwreck near Yemen
- Army Major captures 'UFO' in Kerala
- Thousands missing near Kedarnath shrine
- Callgate: Doctors were prime target for Biju, Saritha Nair
- Congress raking up secularism issue to hide its failures: BJP
- Learnt to embrace simplicity from SRK: Puvisha
- Congress to vote in Nitish government's favour today
- Prices of 348 drugs to come down drastically from May 15