BJP poser to Congress on scams
By Express News Service - NEW DELHI
10th November 2012 09:43 AM
The BJP on Friday asked the Congress to make known the progress made in the probe into the scams in connection with the CWG projects, and allocations of coal and 2G spectrum.
It also asked the ruling party to explain the measures taken to contain price rise.
“The country wants to know how the Congress is going ahead with the probe into scams like the CWG, how they are trying to cover-up the coal scam and 2G spectrum allocations. The government is not ready for an impartial probe into the coal block allocations, and is instead cancelling blocks allotted to the PSUs,” BJP spokesperson Prakash Javadekar said.
BJP sought to know if the Congress had deliberated on the scams in the UPA Government while the Congress was conducting its conclave at Surajkund on Friday.
BJP also posed questions to Prime Minister Manmohan Singh in the coal block scam.
“If a lower-level signatory to the CWG documents is responsible in that scam then why is the final signatory (PM) in the coal scam not responsible. There has been monumental massive corruption,” Javadekar said, attacking the PM.
BJP also said that the government was not dealing with people’s problems. “All the three anti-people measures -- FDI in multi-brand retail, hike of diesel price by `5 and capping of LPG cylinders -- should be rolled back by the government,” Javadekar said.
- Not a drop of Cauvery for people on its banks
- Four years of UPA-II
- Nine years as PM: What will be Manmohan Singh's legacy?
- Maharashtra’s aid to digitise rare manuscripts in Thanjavur
- 'Climate change may spell disaster for coastal economy'
- Lanka’s woman Thavil players fading away
- Pakistan's answer to electricity shortages: Don't wear socks
- All dead, no vultures fly in Andhra now!
- CM can go his way: Ramesh Chennithala
- BSNL Ernakulam posts Rs 390-crore turnover
- Knowledge and faith
- Names of UPA ministers will surface in IPL spot-fixing: Swamy
- BrahMos missile test fired from Russian warship
- Yasin Malik’s support for Sri Lanka Tamils a sham
- Incredible India! Cuppa at Rs 1,200 is Chiru’s idea of sustainable tourism
- Spot-fixing: CSK owner's relative under police scanner for Vindu connection