Lokayukta notice to Sheila Dikshit
By IANS - NEW DELHI
26th October 2012 10:51 PM
Delhi Lokayukta Justice Manmohan Sarin Friday issued a notice to Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit and PWD Minister Rajkumar Chauhan for putting their photos on loan forms of the Delhi State SC/ST/OBC/Minority and Handicapped Finance and Development Corporation (DSFDC).
"A letter has been sent from our office directing the ministers to respond by Dec 10," an officer of the Lokayukta told IANS.
On Oct 24, the Lokayukta issued notice to the DSFDC to explain why the new forms being sold for Rs.100 carried pictures of Dikshit and Chouhan.
BJP legislator Harshwardhan had complained to the Lokayukta on the issue, accusing the ministers of using the DFSDC to gain publicity and woo voters.
- India's bleeding insurgencies: Lessons from Latin America
- Western Ghat report has imperialist mindset: Ecologist
- Lot more to India-China ties than border stand-off: Experts
- Major industrial conglomerates making a beeline for Haryana
- Man kidnapped 23 years ago finds kin thanks to Google Maps
- Bangalore's techies start 'brand tattoos' craze
- Indian circuses struggle to adapt after court bans
- Want hassle-free tatkal ticket? Personally visit special counters
- Rs 8K-crore plan for upgrading ICVs of Army
- Man arrested for attempt to attack TV host Ranjini Haridas
- Kalabhavan Mani missing after assaulting forest staff
- Sreesanth, 2 other players 'confess'; more players under scanner
- Tamil Brahmi script dating to 500 BC found near Erode
- 'Sreesanth confesses to spot-fixing charge'
- Meghalaya's CMJ University faces probe after awarding suspicious PhDs
- Shift me from ‘Anda’ cell, pleads Sanjay Dutt