One killed, four injured in grenade blast in Assam
By PTI - KOKRAJHAR
24th October 2012 09:47 PM
One person was killed and four others were injured when unidentified persons lobbed a hand grenade at a busy place in Assam's Chirang district this evening, officials said.
The miscreants came in a car and hurled the grenade towards a group of people around 6.30 pm near a wine shop at the railway crossing in Basugaon town, they said, adding one person died on the spot while four others were hurt.
The attack took place in midst of the culmination of the Durga Puja festival and hundreds of people were returning from the immersion procession at that time.
Additional police and paramilitary forces have been rushed to the spot from the district headquarters of Kajalgaon.
Unofficial sources said police recovered another live grenade from the spot. However, officials remain tight-lipped about the recovery.
- For team Rahul, it’s good politics that will yield rich dividends for poor Indians
- Incredible India! Cuppa at Rs 1,200 is Chiru’s idea of sustainable tourism
- Farmer gets wise, beats drought with micro-irrigation
- Translation to go hi-tech; C-DAC to launch ‘Translator’
- Hurdles galore as UPA walks road to Ballot 2014
- BJP's post-Karnataka gloom: Neither united nor untainted
- Hit by chit fund scam Mamata faces biggest challenge in 2 years
- Western Ghats: Gadgil’s missive to Kasturirangan opens fresh debate
- Key relationships
- Siddaramaiah has his way with team
- Jaya expresses grief over pontiff's death
- Car makers run into diesel dilemma
- Man arrested for attempt to attack TV host Ranjini Haridas
- Rs 8K-crore plan for upgrading ICVs of Army
- Hyderabad beat Kolkata, make semis; put RCB out