Congress leader Ram Narayan Chaudhary dead
By PTI - JAIPUR
18th October 2012 12:53 PM
Veteran Congress leader and
former minister Ram Narayan Chaudhary died here after
Chaudhary (84) was being treated at a private hospital here since August 31 for chest infection and died at around 12.30 in the night, family sources said today.
His funeral will take place in Jhunjhunu later today.
Chaudhary was a seven-time MLA, served as minister twice and as many times as Leader of Opposition. He had also been one time Deputy Speaker in the assembly and headed Rajasthan Pradesh Congress Committee as president from 1980-82.
His daughter Reeta Chaudhary is the sitting Congress MLA from Mandawa, Jhunjhunu.
- Madrasi heart for Pakistani Madrassa teacher
- The Woolwich 'beheading' is straight out of al-Qaeda's terror manual
- Not a drop of Cauvery for people on its banks
- Dalit discrimination 'forms' in colleges
- Marine turtles giving Kerala a miss
- New mango named Nirbhaya after gang-rape victim
- Shortage of essential TB drug heightens risk to patients, others
- Four years of UPA-II
- There is betting link even in Sree's company
- Sahara Group accuses the BCCI of Betrayal
- Bride-to-be found with head smashed
- Police summon CSK boss on spot-fixing
- IPL ban, takeover of BCCI sought
- Top LeT militant killed in encounter
- CBSE kids in fix as colleges begin enrolling
- 56,700 Indians face deportation from Saudi Arabia: Khurshid