Infiltration bid by militants along LoC foiled
By PTI - JAMMU
12th October 2012 06:49 PM
Army Friday claimed to have foiled an
infiltration bid by a group of militants along the Line of
Control in Poonch district of Jammu and Kashmir.
The movement of a group of 4-5 militants were picked up by the Army troops guarding the LoC in Sonawali Gali forward area in Mendhar sector of Poonch district late last night and an operation was launched, PRO defence Col R K Palta said today.
Troops fired on the militants, who had entered deep into Indian territory and after half-an-hour firing by the troops, the militants escaped back to Pakistan side, he said.
Nothing was found after the search operation this morning, he said.
- India's bleeding insurgencies: Lessons from Latin America
- Western Ghat report has imperialist mindset: Ecologist
- Lot more to India-China ties than border stand-off: Experts
- Major industrial conglomerates making a beeline for Haryana
- Man kidnapped 23 years ago finds kin thanks to Google Maps
- Bangalore's techies start 'brand tattoos' craze
- Indian circuses struggle to adapt after court bans
- Want hassle-free tatkal ticket? Personally visit special counters
- Rs 8K-crore plan for upgrading ICVs of Army
- Man arrested for attempt to attack TV host Ranjini Haridas
- The toxic truth about ripe mangoes
- Shift me from ‘Anda’ cell, pleads Sanjay Dutt
- Sreesanth, 2 other players 'confess'; more players under scanner
- Kalabhavan Mani missing after assaulting forest staff
- Tamil Brahmi script dating to 500 BC found near Erode
- Indefinite strike leaves city parched; mineral water bottles fly off shop shelves