BJP demands fair probe into allegations against Vadra
By PTI - JAIPUR
06th October 2012 06:41 PM
BJP today demanded a "fair" probe into the allegations against Congress President Sonia Gandhi's son-in-law Robert Vadra by civil society activists Arvind Kejriwal and Prashant Bhushan that he was hugely favoured by realty major DLF.
"It is the expectation of people of the country that the matter should be investigated. It should also be probed that the what benefits Congress's state governments in Rajasthan, Haryana and Delhi gave to Vadra," BJP national spokesperson Ravishankar Prasad told reporters here.
Activists Arvind Kejriwal and Prashant Bhushan have alleged yesterday that Vadra had been hugely favoured by realty major DLF in exchange of favour from the state governments.
They alleged that Vadra had bought property worth crores of rupees between 2007 and 2010 with an 'unsecured interest free loan' of Rs 65 crore given by DLF.
"If Rs 65 crore were a charity, then why the DLF chose a person who is linked with Gandhi family," the BJP leader said.
About the charges of Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi on the expenses on Sonia Gandi's foreign trips, Prasad said, "We are not commenting on the health or treatment of Sonia Gandhi, we are concerned about the expenses on her foreign trips for which the PMO is quiet," he said.
- Madrasi heart for Pakistani Madrassa teacher
- Somayagam returns after 48 years
- The Woolwich 'beheading' is straight out of al-Qaeda's terror manual
- Not a drop of Cauvery for people on its banks
- Dalit discrimination 'forms' in colleges
- Marine turtles giving Kerala a miss
- New mango named Nirbhaya after gang-rape victim
- Shortage of essential TB drug heightens risk to patients, others
- There is betting link even in Sree's company
- CBSE results likely to be out in 4-5 days
- Sushma upset at Modi role, walks out of BJP meet
- Sahara Group accuses the BCCI of Betrayal
- Bride-to-be found with head smashed
- 56,700 Indians face deportation from Saudi Arabia: Khurshid
- Police summon CSK boss on spot-fixing
- CBSE kids in fix as colleges begin enrolling