Goods trains collide in Bilaspur, one killed
03rd October 2012 10:00 AM
A Railway employee was killed and four others were injured when a goods train rammed into a stationary freight train in Chhattisgarh's Bilaspur district, officials said.
The incident took place at Dagauri station on the Bilaspur-Raipur section of the South East Central Railway.
The goods train bound for Raipur from Bilha collided with the stationary train at Dagauri, leading to derailment of eight bogies, SEC Railway spokesperson Santosh Kumar said.
The deceased has been identified as an employee of Railways' signal and telecommunication department, he said, adding that the driver, co-driver of one of the goods train and two others were injured.
The accident affected movement of trains on the section, Kumar said.
- India's poor need more purchasing power, not doles
- 'Middle-class Indians hard hit by rupee's fall'
- Japan support sought for Vision 2023
- Rahul aide to pick Nellore MP candidate
- Kerala: PSC guidelines put candidates in a fix
- Dead son's education loan: Bank seeks its pound of flesh
- 'Kerala will lose 10 per cent of water resources by 2030'
- With Advani visit, Modi begins charm offensive
- Thousands missing near Kedarnath shrine
- Indian Coast Guards help rescue 26 crew from shipwreck near Yemen
- Tata Motors unveils 8 upgraded models of passenger vehicles
- Flaws in Koodankulam plant
- Army Major captures 'UFO' in Kerala
- Prices of 348 drugs to come down drastically from May 15
- 60 killed in Nigerian village attacks
- 10-year-old prodigy to enter Harvard University