Another teenager gangraped in Haryana
By IANS - CHANDIGARH
29th September 2012 12:27 AM
In the third incident of its kind in less than 20 days, a teenaged girl was gang-raped by four youths in Gohana town in Haryana's Sonipat district Friday, 190 km from here.
The victim, a class 11 student, had gone to a grocery shop Friday afternoon and was asked by the shop owner, Kali, to pick up things from his godown nearby.
In her complaint to the police, the victim said when she went to the godown, Kali came after her. Three other youth, identified as Harish, Deepak and Shanty, were already there.
They overpowered the girl and raped her. They threatened her not to complain to police.
Police, which registered a case of rape, later claimed two of the accused had been arrested.
The crime took place almost at the same time when Haryana Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda was telling the media in Chandigarh Friday that the law and order in the state was completely under control.
On Sep 21, a married woman in Jind district had alleged that she was gangraped by three men in her house at gunpoint in the presence of her family and children. Two accused were later arrested by the police.
The first gangrape case happened Sep 9 and came to light only on Sep 18 after the Dalit father of the teenaged rape victim committed suicide.
In her complaint to the police, the 16-year-old victim from Dabra village near Hisar, said eight youths took turns to allegedly rape her in an agricultural field near Hisar town, while four others filmed the act on their mobile phones. Later, the MMS of the alleged rape was circulated in Hisar district by the accused.
- For team Rahul, it’s good politics that will yield rich dividends for poor Indians
- Incredible India! Cuppa at Rs 1,200 is Chiru’s idea of sustainable tourism
- Farmer gets wise, beats drought with micro-irrigation
- Translation to go hi-tech; C-DAC to launch ‘Translator’
- Hurdles galore as UPA walks road to Ballot 2014
- BJP's post-Karnataka gloom: Neither united nor untainted
- Hit by chit fund scam Mamata faces biggest challenge in 2 years
- Key relationships
- Car makers run into diesel dilemma
- Jaya expresses grief over pontiff's death
- Siddaramaiah has his way with team
- NEET 2013: CBSE gaffe leaves students in a fix
- Man arrested for attempt to attack TV host Ranjini Haridas
- Shun hatred to live with peace
- Rs 8K-crore plan for upgrading ICVs of Army