UPA government has become anti-people: Trinamool
By IANS - KOLKATA
25th September 2012 10:19 PM
Launching a scathing attack on the Congress-led UPA regime, the Trinamool Congress Tuesday said nationwide protests against the central government are imminent as it is pursuing anti-people policies.
"There will be nationwide protests against the centre. Common man will come down to the streets to protest against the centre because common people have no option other than protesting and opposing its anti-people policies," said party MP and former union minister Sougata Roy.
"The government has become anti-people...they are no longer bothered about common man," said Roy.
Miffed over twin decisions of diesel price hike and FDI in retail, Trinamool Congress supremo and West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee withdrew her party's support to the United Progressive Alliance government.
The party's six union ministers resigned Friday and gave a letter withdrawing the party's support to the UPA to President Pranab Mukherjee.
- For team Rahul, it’s good politics that will yield rich dividends for poor Indians
- Four years of UPA-II
- Nine years as PM: What will be Manmohan Singh's legacy?
- Maharashtra’s aid to digitise rare manuscripts in Thanjavur
- 'Climate change may spell disaster for coastal economy'
- Lanka’s woman Thavil players fading away
- Pakistan's answer to electricity shortages: Don't wear socks
- All dead, no vultures fly in Andhra now!
- Suriya storms ahead of Vijay, Ajith online
- Incredible India! Cuppa at Rs 1,200 is Chiru’s idea of sustainable tourism
- Chennai Super Kings beat Mumbai Indians, reach IPL finals
- BSNL Ernakulam posts Rs 390-crore turnover
- Meghalaya's CMJ University faces probe after awarding suspicious PhDs
- Vindu Dara Singh nabbed for IPL scam links
- Man arrested for attempt to attack TV host Ranjini Haridas
- CCTV must for BPUT exam centres