Major fire breaks out in Kolkata factory
By IANS - KOLKATA
23rd September 2012 09:14 PM
A major fire broke out in a plastic factory in the city's Cossipore area Sunday, a minister said. No casualty or injuries have been reported yet.
"As many as 22 fire tenders have been pressed into service but because of dingy lanes leading to the factory, reaching the spot has been difficult, resulting in delay in controlling the fire. No casualty or injury has been reported so far," Fire Services Minister Javed Khan told IANS.
Khan said more fire engines are on their way to the spot, and people living nearby shanties have been evacuated.
- You are aiming high, but beware of marketers selling you as an FMCG
- With Advani visit, Modi begins charm offensive
- Social media goes martial over High Court's marital ruling
- Slum removal scheme tweaked to make it more effective
- Ready to tune in the lord, catch him up on Twitter
- 95 per cent stolen goods not recovered in Kerala, says NCRB
- Karnataka MLAs were frugal in their poll spending
- Now talcum powder linked to ovarian cancer
- Indian Coast Guards help rescue 26 crew from shipwreck near Yemen
- Thousands missing near Kedarnath shrine
- Army Major captures 'UFO' in Kerala
- Flaws in Koodankulam plant
- Learnt to embrace simplicity from SRK: Puvisha
- Prices of 348 drugs to come down drastically from May 15
- Callgate: Doctors were prime target for Biju, Saritha Nair
- Congress to vote in Nitish government's favour today