Manmohan's government is of foreigners, by foreigners and for foreigners: Modi
By PTI - NEW DELHI
21st September 2012 02:58 PM
Taking a dig at Manmohan Singh for allowing FDI in multi-brand retail and attacking him on being silent on Assam violence, Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi today said the Prime Minister has altered the definition of Indian democracy to "of the foreigners, by the foreigners and for the foreigners."
"Now onwards pen, pencils, notebooks would not be sold by your neighbourhood shopkeeper but some 'Gora'(foreigner).
So, local traders and retailers will lose employment," Modi said here while addressing a large gathering at Vivekananda Youth Convention here in Kutch district.
"Former US President Abraham Lincoln gave world famous definition of democracy --'of the people, by the people and for the people'--, but our Manmohan Singhji has given us a new definition --'of the foreigners, by the foreigners, for the foreigners'," he said.
He alleged that the decision to allow Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) in multi brand retail has been taken when there is no level playing field between global manufacturers and domestic producers, facilitating the foreigners.
"This Congress-led government has overnight introduced FDI in retail, keeping Parliament in dark and have broken the promises it has given on the floor of the House," he added.
Modi also blamed the Prime Minister for not taking effective steps to control violence, inspite of him being elected to Rajya Sabha from Assam.
"Bangladeshis, who are foreigners, have started asserting their rights in Assam and our Prime Minster who is also elected from Assam is silent," he alleged.
"If you put these two issues, violence in Assam by foreigners and allowing FDI in retail together it clearly shows central government's love for foreigners," he alleged. Modi was accompanied by senior BJP leader L K Advani at the function.
In line with the series of new announcements, since Modi embarked upon his Vivekananda Yuva Vikas Yatra, the Chief Minister today announced that now onwards the state government will become guarantor for every youth who seeks bank loans for starting any new venture.
"When a fresh ITI or any skill development institute graduate intends to apply for bank loan, he or she has been harassed for furnishing guarantor. But now Government will become guarantor for every such youth," he announced.
"I am writing a blank cheque for you who are skilled and want to utilise it," he added.
The Chief Minister also announced a poll sop, Rs 1,500 per month to every worker who are doing internship or apprenticeship in a factory and who is entitled for Rs 1,490 per month apprenticeship allowance under the scheme of Central Government.
"Our government will give this Rs 1,500 over what central government is providing them," he said.
"I have wrote to our PM so many times to increase this apprenticeship allowance. But you all are now aware that its very easy to land on the moon, but its really difficult to make Dr Manmohanji talk," he said.
- You are aiming high, but beware of marketers selling you as an FMCG
- Social media goes martial over High Court's marital ruling
- Slum removal scheme tweaked to make it more effective
- Ready to tune in the lord, catch him up on Twitter
- 'Early monsoon beneficial for kharif crops'
- 95 per cent stolen goods not recovered in Kerala, says NCRB
- Deadly year for encephalitis feared in India
- A mobile phone for Kerala CM, finally
- Indian Coast Guards help rescue 26 crew from shipwreck near Yemen
- Army Major captures 'UFO' in Kerala
- Thousands missing near Kedarnath shrine
- Callgate: Doctors were prime target for Biju, Saritha Nair
- 73 dead, over 71,000 stranded as rains batter Uttarakhand, UP
- Congress raking up secularism issue to hide its failures: BJP
- Learnt to embrace simplicity from SRK: Puvisha
- Prices of 348 drugs to come down drastically from May 15