Mercedes-Benz unleashes the Queen B
By Ammar Alvi
29th July 2012 12:00 AM
Hotting up the competition, German auto giant Mercedes-Benz recently unveiled products that it hopes will take it back to the top spot while being affordable. Ammar Alvi gets up close with the new Mercedes-Benz B Class.
It was just an unveiling, and not the launch, but the buzz around it ensured that all roads led to Buddh International Circuit in Greater Noida for the first peak and test-drive of Mercedes-Benz’s latest offering–the all new B-Class. According to the company, the B-Class combines sportiness, refinement and practicality with young aggressive design language, and is aimed at creating a new segment in the luxury car market in India. Customers will also be able to see the car in all dealerships across the country and pre- book before launch.
The car was unveiled by the senor management of Mercedes-Benz India and Bollywood actor Genelia D’Souza. She will be also joined by Riteish Deshmukh, Kalki Koechlin and Gaurav Kapoor in the Ultimate Touring Trail (UTT), an adventure trail for consumers.
Said Peter Honegg, Managing Director and CEO, Mercedes-Benz India: “The B-Class opens a new segment of Sports Tourer in the Indian motoring landscape. The rich array of equipment, inspiring design, coupled with the highest standards of safety and comfort, makes the B-Class an extremely appealing product for the adventurous new generation.”
The B-Class offers the versatility of an MUV, ride quality of a sedan and dynamic performance of an SUV. The B-Class Sports Tourer will be available in India with the best safety, technology and styling package ensuring it meets its target audience.
Debashis Mitra, Director, Sales & Marketing, Mercedes-Benz India, said: “Rapid globalization and consequent outbound travel of Indians have given them a taste of luxury and adventure. This has sparked a demand for a luxurious touring vehicle best suited for those who are young at heart. Mercedes-Benz India aims to tap into this demand with the introduction of the B-Class Sports Tourer.”
The UTT would be a platform wherein adventure enthusiasts can upload their pictures and get selected to be part of an experience which they generally dream of. Aggressive Below the Line activities linked to adventure and travel in high consumer traffic areas of the Country have been planned. Mercedes-Benz is also tying up with several operators to provide customized adventure packages aimed at engaging the target audiences.
The company has also announced plans to invest further Rs 400 crore in ramping up its facility to accommodate the new B-class as well as the new A class next year. The company is targeting B class to be launched around September-October 2012 and will have competition from the likes of Audi Q3, BMW X1 to name a few.
- India's bleeding insurgencies: Lessons from Latin America
- Western Ghat report has imperialist mindset: Ecologist
- Lot more to India-China ties than border stand-off: Experts
- Major industrial conglomerates making a beeline for Haryana
- Man kidnapped 23 years ago finds kin thanks to Google Maps
- Bangalore's techies start 'brand tattoos' craze
- Indian circuses struggle to adapt after court bans
- Want hassle-free tatkal ticket? Personally visit special counters
- Rs 8K-crore plan for upgrading ICVs of Army
- Man arrested for attempt to attack TV host Ranjini Haridas
- Sreesanth, 2 other players 'confess'; more players under scanner
- Kalabhavan Mani missing after assaulting forest staff
- The toxic truth about ripe mangoes
- Tamil Brahmi script dating to 500 BC found near Erode
- Shift me from ‘Anda’ cell, pleads Sanjay Dutt
- Meghalaya's CMJ University faces probe after awarding suspicious PhDs