A Mahindra Reva-lution called e20
By Ammar Alvi
13th January 2013 12:00 AM
Mahindra Reva Electric Vehicles has decided to call their next generation electric vehicle as Mahindra e20. It will be launched in early 2013. Ammar Alvi gets more
Powered by a set of lithium ion batteries that give the EV a range of 100km on a single charge, the e2o can be charged from any 15-ampere plug point at home or the workplace. As you may know, Reva Electric Automobiles had sold its majority shareholding to Mahindra and Mahindra which has helped the former to continue its development eco friendly, electric automobiles. The e2o name follows the Mahindra Reva philosophy of sustainable living. The ‘e’ in Mahindra e2o stands for the energy of the Sun, the ‘2’ stands for ‘to’ signifying the connected technologies in the car, while ‘o’, represents ‘Oxygen’. The e2o meets Mahindra’s 5 Cs framework: Clean, Convenient, Connected, Clever and Cost Effective. According to the company, this is the first step in the creation of an entire electric vehicle value chain and ecosystem by the Mahindra Group.
According to Chetan Maini, Founder and Chief of Strategy & Technology, Mahindra Reva Electric Vehicles, “Based on the Mahindra Group’s 5 Cs reference framework, this truly is a technologically advanced mobility solution for the future. The Mahindra e2o also brings to the Indian consumer cutting-edge technological innovation.”
The e20 will be built at Mahindra’s Bangalore plant—India’s first platinum certified automobile plant, with a rated capacity of 30,000 cars per annum.
Mahindra & Mahindra Automotive & Farm Equipment Sectors President Pawan Goenka said: “The Mahindra e2o is a game-changing development in the personal mobility space that will help the group to usher in a positive change in customers’ lives. It will create a comprehensive ecosystem, he added.
- The Woolwich 'beheading' is straight out of al-Qaeda's terror manual
- Not a drop of Cauvery for people on its banks
- Dalit discrimination 'forms' in colleges
- Marine turtles giving Kerala a miss
- New mango named Nirbhaya after gang-rape victim
- Shortage of essential TB drug heightens risk to patients, others
- Four years of UPA-II
- Nine years as PM: What will be Manmohan Singh's legacy?
- Knowledge and faith
- Names of UPA ministers will surface in IPL spot-fixing: Swamy
- BrahMos missile test fired from Russian warship
- CM can go his way: Ramesh Chennithala
- Sahara Group accuses the BCCI of Betrayal
- IPL ban, takeover of BCCI sought
- Spot-fixing: CSK owner's relative under police scanner for Vindu connection
- Police summon CSK boss on spot-fixing