May the birds be with you... on Facebook
By Express Features - HYDERABAD
19th December 2012 08:57 AM
If it wasn’t good enough that Angry Birds Star Wars released a few months ago, Rovio Entertainment announced the launch of the game on Facebook.
Hinting at it for a while, the news gave most Angry Birds reason to cheer and though the Facebook version launched is beta, it’s still Angry Birds.
News of the jedi birds hitting Facebook became public when Rovio CMO and ‘Mighty Eagle’ Peter Vesterbacka tweeted a link to the Facebook game. The company however, is yet to officially announce the launch to their 22.6 million fans. At the moment, it seems that the gaming company is putting the game through a test version with a limited number of users before taking it live for all.
The Angry Birds Star Wars beta app for Facebook is only its second game on the popular social networking service, however, after debuting Angry Birds Friends back in February this year.
Angry Birds Star Wars was initially released for iOS, Android, Amazon Kindle Fire, Mac, PC, Windows Phone and Windows 8 on November 8.
- Not a drop of Cauvery for people on its banks
- Dalit discrimination 'forms' in colleges
- Marine turtles giving Kerala a miss
- New mango named Nirbhaya after gang-rape victim
- Shortage of essential TB drug heightens risk to patients, others
- Four years of UPA-II
- Nine years as PM: What will be Manmohan Singh's legacy?
- Maharashtra’s aid to digitise rare manuscripts in Thanjavur
- CM can go his way: Ramesh Chennithala
- Names of UPA ministers will surface in IPL spot-fixing: Swamy
- Knowledge and faith
- BrahMos missile test fired from Russian warship
- BSNL Ernakulam posts Rs 390-crore turnover
- Incredible India! Cuppa at Rs 1,200 is Chiru’s idea of sustainable tourism
- IPL ban, takeover of BCCI sought
- Yasin Malik’s support for Sri Lanka Tamils a sham