Photos of redesigned Honda Civic hit the Web
By Sreejay S
14th November 2012 02:47 AM
Photos of a newly redesigned Honda Civic have leaked to the web. The images show a reworked body shape featuring restyled bumpers and chrome plating similar to that seen on their CR-V and Accord models.
Though Honda rolled out a fully redesigned Civic just one year ago, reviewers at the 2011 New York Motor show blasted the design as uninspired. The poor reviews coupled with increase competition from Chevrolet Cruze, Ford Focus, Hyundai Elantra and Mazda3 could account for the quick turnaround.
Jesse Toprak, an analyst at auto price information company TrueCar Inc., says the quick redesign was unprecedented for Honda, but needed:
"It is unparalleled," he told the L.A. Times. "I don't remember them ever doing it before, but the last redesign was seen as lukewarm at best and negative in general. I give them credit. They accelerated the cycle."
- UPA-II anniversary: No honest appraisal
- Woolwich attack provokes anti-Muslim backlash across UK
- Bangladesh allows transit for foodgrains for Northeast India
- Increasing friction between the Chandy and Chennithala factions
- 'Data shows gambling rampant in India'
- Madrasi heart for Pakistani Madrassa teacher
- Somayagam returns after 48 years
- Not a drop of Cauvery for people on its banks
- Raids on six officials reveals huge stash
- Now, Delhi police go after eight Kings XI Punjab players
- Experts push for blanket ban on tobacco promotion
- Unswayed city backs CSK’s final ‘fix’ture
- Police get Gurunath, Srinivasan squirms
- Dravid to retire from IPL?
- Chennai Super Kings owner Gurunath Meiyappan arrested