Tesla Model S Sedan named Motor Trend Car of the Year
By RTT News
14th November 2012 02:44 AM
Motor Trend has announced electric auto maker Tesla's model S sedan as this year's car of the year. According to Motor Trend, the Tesla Model S sedan blew the competition away, landing a unanimous vote from editors for the first time in recent memory.
"The mere fact the Tesla Model S exists at all is a testament to innovation and entrepreneurship, the very qualities that once made the American automobile industry the largest, richest, and most powerful in the world," the magazine said.
The editors went on to praise not only the Model S's high style but also its impressive performance with models pulling in EPA rates of 140, 200 or 265 miles per charge depending on the battery package. Base prices start at $58,570 and run as high as $107,350.
- You are aiming high, but beware of marketers selling you as an FMCG
- Social media goes martial over High Court's marital ruling
- Slum removal scheme tweaked to make it more effective
- Ready to tune in the lord, catch him up on Twitter
- 'Early monsoon beneficial for kharif crops'
- 95 per cent stolen goods not recovered in Kerala, says NCRB
- Deadly year for encephalitis feared in India
- A mobile phone for Kerala CM, finally
- Indian Coast Guards help rescue 26 crew from shipwreck near Yemen
- Army Major captures 'UFO' in Kerala
- Thousands missing near Kedarnath shrine
- Callgate: Doctors were prime target for Biju, Saritha Nair
- 73 dead, over 71,000 stranded as rains batter Uttarakhand, UP
- Congress raking up secularism issue to hide its failures: BJP
- Prices of 348 drugs to come down drastically from May 15
- Learnt to embrace simplicity from SRK: Puvisha