Mahindra lands Bolero.Kom punch
By Ammar Alvi
14th October 2012 12:00 AM
Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd, India’s leading Sports Utility Vehicle (SUV) manufacturer, recently felicitated London Olympics Bronze medallist MC Mary Kom, with Bolero, its best-selling SUV.
The felicitation symbolised the association of two strong entities, both with the spirit of ‘Taking on Anything’—‘MC Mary Kom’ and ‘Mahindra Bolero’. According to the company, Bolero which is built to take on anything from bad roads to bad weather is a perfect match with Kom’s ability to boldly take on competition in the boxing ring.
Kom is part of the bigger family of Mahindra as she is also the epitome of the company’s Rise philosophy by storming an otherwise male-dominated bastion by ‘Accepting No Limits’. She is also ‘Driving Positive Change’ —another element of Mahindra’s Rise ethos by altering society’s perception of what a courageous, confident and determined woman
Presenting the keys to the Olympic medal winner and five times world boxing champion, Vivek Nayer, Chief Marketing Officer, Automotive Division, Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd, said, “We are proud to be associated with MC Mary Kom. She has become a role model for the youth in India who wants to excel not just in sports but in any arena. Fighting all the odds to come out on top, she clearly symbolizes the ‘take on anything’ spirit of the Bolero SUV. With its rugged looks and plush interiors, the all-conquering Mahindra Bolero is the ideal choice for Mary Kom to make a personalised style statement.”
While receiving the keys to the vehicle, Kom said, “I am very pleased to own the Bolero and I thank Mahindra & Mahindra for this very special gesture. With its rugged looks and power-packed performance, the Bolero is indeed a great compliment to my personality and I am looking forward to driving this stylish SUV.”
- For team Rahul, it’s good politics that will yield rich dividends for poor Indians
- Incredible India! Cuppa at Rs 1,200 is Chiru’s idea of sustainable tourism
- Farmer gets wise, beats drought with micro-irrigation
- Translation to go hi-tech; C-DAC to launch ‘Translator’
- BJP's post-Karnataka gloom: Neither united nor untainted
- Hit by chit fund scam Mamata faces biggest challenge in 2 years
- 'Kiran visited Delhi 76 times since he became CM'
- Bangalore scores low on medical tourism
- Key relationships
- Car makers run into diesel dilemma
- Jaya expresses grief over pontiff's death
- NEET 2013: CBSE gaffe leaves students in a fix
- Sleepless nights, no baths for Sreesanth
- Rs 8K-crore plan for upgrading ICVs of Army
- Man arrested for attempt to attack TV host Ranjini Haridas
- Shun hatred to live with peace