3-pointed star gets sportier
By Ammar Alvi
14th October 2012 12:00 AM
Weeks ahead of the 2nd edition of the Indian Formula One Race, German auto giant Mercedes-Benz stepped up the gas by launching the sports edition of its C and E class. Both the models now get an AMG style package, sporty alloys, black top roof besides other new features. Ammar Alvi checks them out.
Mercedes-Benz knows that if it has to stay in the race and get back its lost pride as being country’s number 1 luxury car maker, it has to constantly update its models and offer customers a whole array of options. By launching the latest Sports Edition power -packed models of the C and the E class, the company is hoping to peak at the right time taking the Indian Formula One fever in consideration. The C-Class and the E-Class flagships sedans have been Mercedes-Benz India’s highest selling luxury cars in India.
According to Peter Honegg, Managing Director and CEO, Mercedes-Benz India: “The launch of C-Class and E-Class Sport Edition is a testimony to our quest to deliver products that offer distinctiveness, individualisation and sportiness—characteristics that define Mercedes-Benz customers of present day.”
The C-Class Sport Edition
The C-Class Sport Edition features the AMG Body styling with front and rear bumper aprons and side skirts adding to the aggressive and sporty look of the car making it visually more dynamic. The 17-inch 5-twin-spoke light-alloy wheels and the black painted roof with a sport badge add on to the sporty appeal of the C-Class Sport Edition. The C-Class Sport Edition comes with halogen lamp and fog lamps and is available in Polar White body color.
The C-Class Sport Edition has a 7G TRONIC automatic transmission and its 4 cylinder 2143 cc engine has a rated output of 170 hp @ 3000-4200 rpm and a rated torque of 400 nm @ 1400-2800 rpm.
E-Class Sport Edition
The E-Class Sport Edition’s gets AMG Body Styling that comprises the front and rear bumper aprons and sports side skirts. The new 18-inch 5-spoke light alloy wheels with the black painted roof and a sport badge makes the exterior of the E-Class Sport Edition more dynamic. The E-Class Sport Edition has halogen lamps, sports the stylish LED Day time driving light and comes with Direct Control Suspension resulting in a smoother ride quality. The E-Class Sport Edition will be available in Polar White.
The E-Class Sport Edition is equipped with a 7G TRONIC automatic transmission and its 4 cylinder 2143 cc engine has a rated output of 170hp@3000-4200 rpm and a rated torque of 400 nm
w@ 1400-2800 rpm.
The C-Class Sport Edition is priced at Rs 29.9 lakh while the E-Class Sport Edition is priced at Rs 39.9 lakh; both prices ex-showroom Delhi.
- For team Rahul, it’s good politics that will yield rich dividends for poor Indians
- Four years of UPA-II
- Nine years as PM: What will be Manmohan Singh's legacy?
- Maharashtra’s aid to digitise rare manuscripts in Thanjavur
- 'Climate change may spell disaster for coastal economy'
- Lanka’s woman Thavil players fading away
- Pakistan's answer to electricity shortages: Don't wear socks
- All dead, no vultures fly in Andhra now!
- Suriya storms ahead of Vijay, Ajith online
- Incredible India! Cuppa at Rs 1,200 is Chiru’s idea of sustainable tourism
- Chennai Super Kings beat Mumbai Indians, reach IPL finals
- Meghalaya's CMJ University faces probe after awarding suspicious PhDs
- Man arrested for attempt to attack TV host Ranjini Haridas
- Vindu Dara Singh nabbed for IPL scam links
- Supreme Court refuses to ban IPL, slams BCCI on spot-fixing
- CCTV must for BPUT exam centres