Taapsee denies involvement in Manchu Manoj pub brawl
By Express Features
11th July 2012 11:45 AM
Actor Taapsee, who was reported to be the cause behind the scuffle between actors Mahat Raghavendra and Manoj Manchu, has rubbished such reports. There were reports that Mahat was beaten up by Manoj Manch, son of Mohan Babu, and his gang of friends last Saturday. Mahat reportedly was severely injured and was admitted in hospital. The young actor then filed an FIR with the police.
Looks like Manoj’s family has made peace with Mahat and sorted out differences because both the actors have said they have been good friends for a long time will continue to do so.
However, actress Taapsee was completely taken aback when her name was dragged into the issue without her knowledge. “When I returned from Kurnool after shooting, I received phone calls accusing me of being the reason for the Mahat-Manoj scuffle. I felt terrible when my name was dragged into the issue, more so, because none of the two has mentioned me in their accounts of the altercation,” says Taapsee.
The actress says she has not been in touch with Mahat for sometime, while she says she looks upon Manoj as a brother. “What I’m here today is because of Manoj’s family. They have helped me a lot and made me part of them,” she says.
However, Manoj and Mahat were not available for comment.
- For team Rahul, it’s good politics that will yield rich dividends for poor Indians
- 'Climate change may spell disaster for coastal economy'
- Lanka’s woman Thavil players fading away
- Pakistan's answer to electricity shortages: Don't wear socks
- All dead, no vultures fly in Andhra now!
- Lingerie mannequins face moral police wrath
- Incredible India! Cuppa at Rs 1,200 is Chiru’s idea of sustainable tourism
- Farmer gets wise, beats drought with micro-irrigation
- Super Kings hope to ride Mumbai's hit wave
- 6,000 ducks die of plague in Thrissur
- India, China focus on civil nuke cooperation
- IPL spot-fixing: Cops probing Bollywood, Tollywood links
- Meghalaya's CMJ University faces probe after awarding suspicious PhDs
- Rs 20 Lakhs seized from Ajit Chandila's cricket kit
- Man arrested for attempt to attack TV host Ranjini Haridas
- Indian university lecturer arrested in UAE