'Julayi' team get candid on campus
By Express Features - HYDERABAD
09th July 2012 01:35 PM
Fans of Allu Arjun were excited for a while as the actor shot a for a song at a college campus in old city for his upcoming movies 'Julayi' recently.
Spotted at the Khurshid Jha Devdi College for Women, near Charminar, the team included director Trivikram Srinivas, music director Devi Sri Prasad and the actor himself. The song 'Pakado Pakado', which was being filmed as a promotional song, will not feature in the movie.
Speaking about the shooting, the actor said, “It’s a mass song that I’m doing. Almost like an item number except that I’m in it. The film actually doesn’t have an item number, so my fans should enjoy this, especially since DSP is also there in it.”
The movie which deals with a young happy-go-lucky chap who learns to be responsible was written and directed by Trivikram Srinivas, who earlier delivered hits like 'Manmadhadu' (story and dialogues), 'Nuvve Nuvve', 'Athadu' and 'Jalsa'. Having transitioned from a script-writer to a director, the director chuckled when asked if he felt that the final cut of the movie was what he thought it would be. “There will always be a certain amount of dissatisfaction. It is very difficult to transform a movie from its script to the reel. But overall, I am happy about how the movie came about.”
The director who is also known for his dialogues, which are always laden heavy with religious sentiments, does not profess to being religious. “I believe in what works,” he quite stated on the contrary.
'Julayi' which also stars Ileana D’Cruz and Rajendra Prasad in leading roles, is set to hit screens on July 13.
- For team Rahul, it’s good politics that will yield rich dividends for poor Indians
- Four years of UPA-II
- Nine years as PM: What will be Manmohan Singh's legacy?
- Maharashtra’s aid to digitise rare manuscripts in Thanjavur
- 'Climate change may spell disaster for coastal economy'
- Lanka’s woman Thavil players fading away
- Pakistan's answer to electricity shortages: Don't wear socks
- All dead, no vultures fly in Andhra now!
- BSNL Ernakulam posts Rs 390-crore turnover
- CM can go his way: Ramesh Chennithala
- Incredible India! Cuppa at Rs 1,200 is Chiru’s idea of sustainable tourism
- Chennai Super Kings beat Mumbai Indians, reach IPL finals
- Names of UPA ministers will surface in IPL spot-fixing: Swamy
- Suriya storms ahead of Vijay, Ajith online
- Knowledge and faith
- Yasin Malik’s support for Sri Lanka Tamils a sham