Tollywood superstar debuts in Kannada
By A Sharadhaa
30th May 2012 12:00 AM
Tollywood star, Jagapathi Babu enters Sandalwood with ‘Bachchan – The Angry Young Man’. He tells us that he took up this role because he has a huge fan following in Karnataka and also for his friend Sudeep.
First, there was news of actress Nayanthara being part of the movie. But, the latest buzz is actress Bhavana is replaced in the film.
Now, Shashank manages to bring in a Telugu star, Jagapathi Babu in a special appearance. The star is heading further south as he will make his Sandawlood debut in Bachchan... When we called Jagapathi to confirm the news, he said, “I have almost finalised for the film and talks are on with Shashank. The Kannada industry is a good place to work in and I have a huge fan following with people over there appreciating me and my films.”
Jagapathi also said actor ‘Kicha’ Sudeep is also another reason for him to take up this special role. “Sudeep and I are good friends and I respect him. He is quite dedicated to his work,” he added. Jagapathi is currently busy with four films in Telugu. “I was looking for a right character to get into Kannada films. When they approached me with the role, I was quite keen as my character will definitely appeal to the Kannada audience. If everything goes as per schedule, I will start shoot from next month,” he concludes.
Jagapathi Babu is playing a dynamic role of a CCB officer in the movie, says Shashank, who was looking for a fresh face. “We have quite a few films, which have tough cop roles. But, for this film, I basically wanted a star image and a fresh face. The character will have intensity, if played by Jagapathi as he has that physical appearance, which matches the officer’s role. In fact, when we started hunting for different stars, the first person who struck my mind for this role was
Jagapathi," says Shashank.
“I will start shooting from June 20 and my first shot will be with Jagapathi. I am glad that he is debuting with our film. He will definitely convince our audience with this role,” he adds. As for
Nayanthara, it was only because of the date clash, the actress could not do be a part of the project. She had in fact given bulk dates to us. But then, Sudeep was not free. He will join shooting for this film only by June 25. Nayanthara had already given dates for her Tamil film. So she could not accommodate for us,” he clarifies.
- For team Rahul, it’s good politics that will yield rich dividends for poor Indians
- Incredible India! Cuppa at Rs 1,200 is Chiru’s idea of sustainable tourism
- Farmer gets wise, beats drought with micro-irrigation
- Translation to go hi-tech; C-DAC to launch ‘Translator’
- Hurdles galore as UPA walks road to Ballot 2014
- BJP's post-Karnataka gloom: Neither united nor untainted
- Hit by chit fund scam Mamata faces biggest challenge in 2 years
- Key relationships
- Car makers run into diesel dilemma
- Jaya expresses grief over pontiff's death
- Siddaramaiah has his way with team
- Western Ghats: Gadgil’s missive to Kasturirangan opens fresh debate
- NEET 2013: CBSE gaffe leaves students in a fix
- Man arrested for attempt to attack TV host Ranjini Haridas
- Rs 8K-crore plan for upgrading ICVs of Army