Genres don't define success, content does: Dil Raju
By IANS - CHENNAI
19th January 2013 12:20 PM
Telugu producer Dil Raju believes that it is not the genre, but the content of a film that decides its fate at the box office.
"Films succeed because of content, and not particularly because of some genre they belong to. We have seen films even with superstars failing at the box-office because of poor content, and on the other hand, we have had successful films with unfamiliar faces thanks to rich content," Raju told IANS.
"Even though I have made several commercial films over the years, I have always given top priority to content and I will continue to do so," he added.
Raju recently produced the highly successful Telugu family-drama "Seethamma Vakitlo Sirimalle Chettu" (SVSC) and says the film worked only because of its content.
"While the presence of the star actors (Mahesh Babu and Venkatesh) certainly attracted audience to the cinema, I strongly believe the film clicked because of the content. The audience could relate to the characters on screen and thus instantaneously liked the film," he said.
In his decade-long career, the producer has delivered several successful Telugu films such as "Arya", "Bommarillu", "Kotha Bangaru Lokam" and "Brindavanam".
Raju's upcoming project is Telugu action-drama "Yevadu" with Ram Charan Teja. He has also roped in director Vasu Varma of "Josh" fame to direct the romantic-drama "Lover", set to go on floors soon.
- You are aiming high, but beware of marketers selling you as an FMCG
- With Advani visit, Modi begins charm offensive
- Social media goes martial over High Court's marital ruling
- Slum removal scheme tweaked to make it more effective
- Ready to tune in the lord, catch him up on Twitter
- 95 per cent stolen goods not recovered in Kerala, says NCRB
- Karnataka MLAs were frugal in their poll spending
- Now talcum powder linked to ovarian cancer
- Indian Coast Guards help rescue 26 crew from shipwreck near Yemen
- Thousands missing near Kedarnath shrine
- Army Major captures 'UFO' in Kerala
- Learnt to embrace simplicity from SRK: Puvisha
- Flaws in Koodankulam plant
- Callgate: Doctors were prime target for Biju, Saritha Nair
- Prices of 348 drugs to come down drastically from May 15
- Congress to vote in Nitish government's favour today