Ganesh makes his mark five languages
By A Sharadhaa
29th November 2012 12:42 PM
Nagarjuna’s magnum opus in Telugu Damaru -kam also starring Anushka shetty and Ganesh Venkatraman apparently has an interesting love triangle. The actor will be seen as a villain for the first time. "I wanted to be an actor and play challenging roles. I never tried to be an antagonist before. The experience has been tremendous," says Ganesh who also clarifies that his role is not a regular one but also gives him the opportunity to experiment especially opposite a super star like Nagarjuna. Apparently, Ganesh plays an obsessive lover and his character is inspired by Shahrukh Khan’s role from Darr. In fact, this film draws inspiration famous the mythological stories about lord Shiva. "In my roles so far, I have always been the nice guy. Now, its my turn to be mean. I am Devil personified," said Ganesh laughing. He further adding, "It is nice when people compare my role to Shahrukh's which is not the case. A character called Asura played by Ravi Shankar comes inside me. I had to present myself in a similar manner for which I had to learn Ravi Shankar's character to be like him.
The film made in 45 crores was supposed to be the biggest budget film in Nagarjuna's career and Ganesh was happy to work with the Telugu superstar. "I got to share a lot of screen space with him. It took two years in the making but it was worth the wait," he explained. On the Sandalwood front, Ganesh recently completed shooting for the film, Chandra. Having played the role of a Prince for the first time, Ganesh reacts, "I will give full marks to the lady director Roopa for coming up with such a beautiful subject. The situations, the characters, the art around us was taken complete care by the director. For the first time, I was seen coming out like a handsome hunk from Mills & Boon. She has given me the right opening shot and in style. Even if before the release Ganesh might soon sign another Kannada film. "I would want to reveal further details only after I am finalised on the project. Definitely Sandalwood is another interesting industry to work with," he said. Having acted in five languages, probably Ganesh is only actor of the recent times who will be known as Panchabasha tara (5 language hero). "Though I completed one Bollywood project, my focus is on the Southern industry as there is a lot of flexibility here. More than working in different industries, it is the diversity of roles that I am excited about," he concluded.
- The Woolwich 'beheading' is straight out of al-Qaeda's terror manual
- Not a drop of Cauvery for people on its banks
- Dalit discrimination 'forms' in colleges
- Marine turtles giving Kerala a miss
- New mango named Nirbhaya after gang-rape victim
- Shortage of essential TB drug heightens risk to patients, others
- Four years of UPA-II
- Nine years as PM: What will be Manmohan Singh's legacy?
- There is betting link even in Sree's company
- Sahara Group accuses the BCCI of Betrayal
- BrahMos missile test fired from Russian warship
- Police summon CSK boss on spot-fixing
- IPL ban, takeover of BCCI sought
- Names of UPA ministers will surface in IPL spot-fixing: Swamy
- Bride-to-be found with head smashed
- IPL Eliminator: Brad Hodge helps Royals beat Sunrisers