Nayantara to get award for ‘epic’ Sita
By Express Features
16th October 2012 11:40 AM
It’s really a big boost for Nayantara, as it has been announced that she will receive the prestigious Nandi Award by the Andhra Pradesh government for her portrayal of Sita in the mythological Telugu flick 'Sri Rama Rajyam'.
This was Nayantara’s only film released in 2011, when her personal life was in turmoil with reports of her break-up with Prabhu Deva. Nandi is the fourth big award that 'Sri Rama Rajyam' has fetched her after the Filmfare, CineMAA and SIIMA awards in the best female actor category in Telugu.
Nayantara, who is currently shooting for 'Love Story' opposite Nagarjuna, said that she was really happy to be honoured with the prestigious award in Telugu cinema. “I’m grateful to god for giving me this opportunity to work in a film like 'Sri Rama Rajyam'. I would like to thank Balakrishna sir for convincing me to do the film. If not for him I wouldn’t have done it. It is one film which will always remain special to me,” she said.
Directed by Bapu and produced by Sri Sai Babu, the film had actor Balakrishna playing the lead role of lord Rama, and Akkineni Nageswara Rao and Sai Kumar in supporting roles.
Apart from winning the Nandi Award for the best feature film, the other categories in which 'Sri Rama Rajyam' has been credited with the State award include cinematography, make up, dubbing and choreography. Ace composer Ilayaraja has also won the best music director award for the film.
- For team Rahul, it’s good politics that will yield rich dividends for poor Indians
- Incredible India! Cuppa at Rs 1,200 is Chiru’s idea of sustainable tourism
- Farmer gets wise, beats drought with micro-irrigation
- Translation to go hi-tech; C-DAC to launch ‘Translator’
- BJP's post-Karnataka gloom: Neither united nor untainted
- Hit by chit fund scam Mamata faces biggest challenge in 2 years
- 'Kiran visited Delhi 76 times since he became CM'
- Bangalore scores low on medical tourism
- Key relationships
- Car makers run into diesel dilemma
- NEET 2013: CBSE gaffe leaves students in a fix
- Jaya expresses grief over pontiff's death
- Rs 8K-crore plan for upgrading ICVs of Army
- Sleepless nights, no baths for Sreesanth
- Man arrested for attempt to attack TV host Ranjini Haridas
- Shun hatred to live with peace