Charlie Sheen 'genuinely interested' in 'Idol' gig
By AP - NEW YORK
18th July 2012 11:48 AM
Could Charlie Sheen be a judge on "American Idol"? The actor says he's interested.
In an interview on Tuesday on Ryan Seacrest's radio show, Sheen said "Idol" producer Nigel Lythgoe publicly threw his name out there as a possible judge.
"It seems so out of the blue that it almost made perfect sense. I thought this could be a lot of fun," Sheen said. "Seriously ... I'm genuinely interested. It's so different, it could be radical."
He may not have music experience, but neither did Ellen DeGeneres before she was named a judge for season 9. She left the show after just one season.
Last week, both Jennifer Lopez and Steven Tyler announced they would not be returning for the show's 12th season. The show's last finale drew its lowest ratings in its 11-season history.
Other names that have been mentioned as possible replacements include Mariah Carey and former "Idol" runner-up Adam Lambert.
Sheen told Jay Leno on "The Tonight Show" on Monday that his two demands would be that FX and his "Anger Management" show team "would have to be into it," and there would need to be a charitable component.
- You are aiming high, but beware of marketers selling you as an FMCG
- With Advani visit, Modi begins charm offensive
- Social media goes martial over High Court's marital ruling
- Slum removal scheme tweaked to make it more effective
- Ready to tune in the lord, catch him up on Twitter
- 95 per cent stolen goods not recovered in Kerala, says NCRB
- Karnataka MLAs were frugal in their poll spending
- Now talcum powder linked to ovarian cancer
- Indian Coast Guards help rescue 26 crew from shipwreck near Yemen
- Thousands missing near Kedarnath shrine
- Army Major captures 'UFO' in Kerala
- Learnt to embrace simplicity from SRK: Puvisha
- Callgate: Doctors were prime target for Biju, Saritha Nair
- Flaws in Koodankulam plant
- Prices of 348 drugs to come down drastically from May 15
- Congress to vote in Nitish government's favour today