'General Hospital' wins big with 5 Daytime Emmys
By Sindhu Madhusudan
24th June 2012 11:52 AM
BEVERLY HILLS: The Daytime Emmys showered "General Hospital" with five trophies, including best drama, while giving Regis Philbin a fond farewell as a departing talk-show host.
The "Today" show won as best morning show and "Jeopardy!" was named best game show at the annual ceremony Saturday.
"Live with Regis and Kelly" was saluted as best entertainment talk show and for best talk-show hosts. Philbin ended his long run as co-host last November, with a replacement yet to be named to join Kelly Ripa as the series continues.
The 39th Annual Daytime Emmy Awards was telecast on the HLN channel, moving to cable for the first time after being aired on CBS the past two years. The awards are bestowed by the National Academy of Television Arts & Sciences.
- For team Rahul, it’s good politics that will yield rich dividends for poor Indians
- 'Kiran visited Delhi 76 times since he became CM'
- Bangalore scores low on medical tourism
- ‘Lack of anthropologists hits welfare policymaking’
- India's bleeding insurgencies: Lessons from Latin America
- Western Ghat report has imperialist mindset: Ecologist
- Lot more to India-China ties than border stand-off: Experts
- Major industrial conglomerates making a beeline for Haryana
- Rs 8K-crore plan for upgrading ICVs of Army
- Man arrested for attempt to attack TV host Ranjini Haridas
- The toxic truth about ripe mangoes
- Shift me from ‘Anda’ cell, pleads Sanjay Dutt
- Jiju Janardhanan’s house in Kannur wears deserted look
- Indefinite strike leaves city parched; mineral water bottles fly off shop shelves
- Sreesanth, 2 other players 'confess'; more players under scanner
- Meghalaya's CMJ University faces probe after awarding suspicious PhDs