'General Hospital' wins big with 5 Daytime Emmys
By Sindhu Madhusudan
24th June 2012 11:52 AM
BEVERLY HILLS: The Daytime Emmys showered "General Hospital" with five trophies, including best drama, while giving Regis Philbin a fond farewell as a departing talk-show host.
The "Today" show won as best morning show and "Jeopardy!" was named best game show at the annual ceremony Saturday.
"Live with Regis and Kelly" was saluted as best entertainment talk show and for best talk-show hosts. Philbin ended his long run as co-host last November, with a replacement yet to be named to join Kelly Ripa as the series continues.
The 39th Annual Daytime Emmy Awards was telecast on the HLN channel, moving to cable for the first time after being aired on CBS the past two years. The awards are bestowed by the National Academy of Television Arts & Sciences.
- You are aiming high, but beware of marketers selling you as an FMCG
- With Advani visit, Modi begins charm offensive
- Social media goes martial over High Court's marital ruling
- Slum removal scheme tweaked to make it more effective
- Ready to tune in the lord, catch him up on Twitter
- 95 per cent stolen goods not recovered in Kerala, says NCRB
- Karnataka MLAs were frugal in their poll spending
- Now talcum powder linked to ovarian cancer
- Indian Coast Guards help rescue 26 crew from shipwreck near Yemen
- Thousands missing near Kedarnath shrine
- Army Major captures 'UFO' in Kerala
- Callgate: Doctors were prime target for Biju, Saritha Nair
- Learnt to embrace simplicity from SRK: Puvisha
- Congress raking up secularism issue to hide its failures: BJP
- Prices of 348 drugs to come down drastically from May 15
- Congress to vote in Nitish government's favour today