HBO’s Noir-otic comedy
By Express News Service
04th December 2010 03:47 AM
Bored to Death is an Emmy award-winning series that follows the misadventures of Jonathan Ames as he pursues his quixotic dream of emulating his heroes from classic private detective novels.
The series opens with Jonathan’s girlfriend moving out of their apartment, as Jonathan devotes too much time to smoking and drinking instead of focusing on his writing and their relationship.
As Jonathan returns to his empty apartment, a neighbor suggests he look for a rebound date on Craigslist (an online classified advertisements website).
After sifting through noir suspense novels, Jonathan decides to offer his services as a private detective on the site instead. As responses to his Craigslist post roll in, he begins taking cases and usually finds himself injecting his own personal problems into his client’s situation.
The series will premiere on December 5 at 11 pm, and thereafter every Sunday after the 9 pm movie.
- The Woolwich 'beheading' is straight out of al-Qaeda's terror manual
- Not a drop of Cauvery for people on its banks
- Dalit discrimination 'forms' in colleges
- Marine turtles giving Kerala a miss
- New mango named Nirbhaya after gang-rape victim
- Shortage of essential TB drug heightens risk to patients, others
- Four years of UPA-II
- Nine years as PM: What will be Manmohan Singh's legacy?
- There is betting link even in Sree's company
- Sahara Group accuses the BCCI of Betrayal
- BrahMos missile test fired from Russian warship
- IPL ban, takeover of BCCI sought
- Police summon CSK boss on spot-fixing
- Names of UPA ministers will surface in IPL spot-fixing: Swamy
- Bride-to-be found with head smashed
- IPL Eliminator: Brad Hodge helps Royals beat Sunrisers