What’s on TV this Diwali?
By Express Features - HYDERABAD
13th November 2012 12:47 PM
This Diwali, you have a good reason to claim ownership of the couch and remote. There is something for everyone, be it food or business shows. Our pick, Mahurat Trading, shares investing tips for the auspicious day. Read on:
• Secret Kitchen will have foodie and television personality Bikramjit Ray on a Diwali mithai hunt, which will take him across the country, sampling sweets like Karachi halwa, rosogolla, shahi tukda and kadaprasad. At 2 pm.
• On Road Less Travelled, Jonathan Legg grapples with mud-caked wrestlers in an ancient Akhara by the Ganges, pulls a rickshaw through the choked city of Kolkata, and makes his way past a million devotees to touch the fabled salvation granting ropes of Lord Jagannath. At 12.30 pm
• Bollywood Stars gives ordinary Australians a chance to win a role in a Hindi movie.The final six will travel to Mumbai where their performance will be scrutinised by Shiamak Davar, Anupama Chopra, John Abraham and Mahesh Bhatt. At 2.30 pm
Made for stock brokers and investors, Mahurat Trading sees market experts analysing the year gone by, and includes forecast trends for the coming year. Viewers stand to win Rs 1 lakh by answering the question asked by the panelists during the show. At 4 pm.
The channel has a lot lined up on November 13. In Life of Pi Making, Kamal Haasan interviews the movie’s director, Ang Lee.
- India's bleeding insurgencies: Lessons from Latin America
- Western Ghat report has imperialist mindset: Ecologist
- Lot more to India-China ties than border stand-off: Experts
- Major industrial conglomerates making a beeline for Haryana
- Man kidnapped 23 years ago finds kin thanks to Google Maps
- Bangalore's techies start 'brand tattoos' craze
- Indian circuses struggle to adapt after court bans
- Want hassle-free tatkal ticket? Personally visit special counters
- Rs 8K-crore plan for upgrading ICVs of Army
- Man arrested for attempt to attack TV host Ranjini Haridas
- Kalabhavan Mani missing after assaulting forest staff
- Sreesanth, 2 other players 'confess'; more players under scanner
- Tamil Brahmi script dating to 500 BC found near Erode
- Shift me from ‘Anda’ cell, pleads Sanjay Dutt
- Meghalaya's CMJ University faces probe after awarding suspicious PhDs
- The toxic truth about ripe mangoes