'Thandavam' inspired by real-life character
07th September 2012 02:50 PM
Actor Vikram's role in upcoming Tamil action film 'Thaandavam' is inspired from Daniel Kish, a blind American expert in human echolocation. Directed by AL Vijay, the film is releasing in about 900 screens on September 28 worldwide.
"One part of the character played by Vikram is inspired from real life, but not the entire plot. The story of the film was developed and for the blind character's behaviour, Daniel became the inspiration," Dhananjayan of UTV Motion Pictures said.
Vikram underwent special sessions with Daniel Kish while preparing for his role. Human echolocation is a technique of detecting objects, their position and sound by sensing echoes.
In the film, Vikram plays a RAW officer who turns blind. Telugu actor Jagapati Babu has been roped in to play the villian, while Anushka Shetty, Amy Jackson and Lakshmi Rai will be seen in key roles.
This is music composer GV Prakash's 25th project.
The dubbed Telugu version titled 'Shiva Thaandavam' will release simultaneously with the Tamil movie.
- For team Rahul, it’s good politics that will yield rich dividends for poor Indians
- Incredible India! Cuppa at Rs 1,200 is Chiru’s idea of sustainable tourism
- Farmer gets wise, beats drought with micro-irrigation
- Translation to go hi-tech; C-DAC to launch ‘Translator’
- Hurdles galore as UPA walks road to Ballot 2014
- BJP's post-Karnataka gloom: Neither united nor untainted
- Hit by chit fund scam Mamata faces biggest challenge in 2 years
- Western Ghats: Gadgil’s missive to Kasturirangan opens fresh debate
- Siddaramaiah has his way with team
- Key relationships
- Car makers run into diesel dilemma
- Man arrested for attempt to attack TV host Ranjini Haridas
- Rs 8K-crore plan for upgrading ICVs of Army
- Hyderabad beat Kolkata, make semis; put RCB out
- Kept on Congress fringe, says Mani Shankar Aiyer