Music reigns at Thaandavam’s audio launch
By Express Features - CHENNAI
18th August 2012 01:38 PM
It was an audio launch with a difference: with the focus being not only on the stars, but on the music. None of the speakers at Thaandavam’s audio launch held the mike for too long, with two giant screens showing video excerpts of director Vijay, composer G V Prakash and lyricist Na Muthukumar sharing nuggets about how they ‘gave life’ to the seven songs of the film.
Each song was introduced by an actor, a director and a producer together, followed by a performance of the number and the screening of the actual video.
Except Anushka and Santhanam, the rest of the cast and crew, including Vikram, Amy Jackson, Lakshmi Rai and producer Siddharth Roy Kapoor were present on the occasion. The guest list included directors Bala, Vetrimaran, Lingusamy, Vasanthabalan, actors Karthi, R Parthiban, Atharva and Janani Iyer. When director Bala was asked to wish the Thaandavam team, the feted filmmaker simply said “Congratulations.” Lingusamy followed suit.
The event celebrated G V Prakash’s completion of 25 films as a composer. The young composer thanked director Vasanthabalan for giving him a chance to compose in Veyil. “Director Mani Ratnam and A R Rahman created magic together. Vijay and I are big admirers of them and often say that we should work like them.”
- For team Rahul, it’s good politics that will yield rich dividends for poor Indians
- Four years of UPA-II
- Nine years as PM: What will be Manmohan Singh's legacy?
- Maharashtra’s aid to digitise rare manuscripts in Thanjavur
- 'Climate change may spell disaster for coastal economy'
- Lanka’s woman Thavil players fading away
- Pakistan's answer to electricity shortages: Don't wear socks
- All dead, no vultures fly in Andhra now!
- Incredible India! Cuppa at Rs 1,200 is Chiru’s idea of sustainable tourism
- BSNL Ernakulam posts Rs 390-crore turnover
- Chennai Super Kings beat Mumbai Indians, reach IPL finals
- Suriya storms ahead of Vijay, Ajith online
- CM can go his way: Ramesh Chennithala
- Yasin Malik’s support for Sri Lanka Tamils a sham
- Meghalaya's CMJ University faces probe after awarding suspicious PhDs
- Vindu Dara Singh nabbed for IPL scam links