Music reigns at Thaandavam’s audio launch
By Express Features - CHENNAI
18th August 2012 01:38 PM
It was an audio launch with a difference: with the focus being not only on the stars, but on the music. None of the speakers at Thaandavam’s audio launch held the mike for too long, with two giant screens showing video excerpts of director Vijay, composer G V Prakash and lyricist Na Muthukumar sharing nuggets about how they ‘gave life’ to the seven songs of the film.
Each song was introduced by an actor, a director and a producer together, followed by a performance of the number and the screening of the actual video.
Except Anushka and Santhanam, the rest of the cast and crew, including Vikram, Amy Jackson, Lakshmi Rai and producer Siddharth Roy Kapoor were present on the occasion. The guest list included directors Bala, Vetrimaran, Lingusamy, Vasanthabalan, actors Karthi, R Parthiban, Atharva and Janani Iyer. When director Bala was asked to wish the Thaandavam team, the feted filmmaker simply said “Congratulations.” Lingusamy followed suit.
The event celebrated G V Prakash’s completion of 25 films as a composer. The young composer thanked director Vasanthabalan for giving him a chance to compose in Veyil. “Director Mani Ratnam and A R Rahman created magic together. Vijay and I are big admirers of them and often say that we should work like them.”
- UPA-II anniversary: No honest appraisal
- Woolwich attack provokes anti-Muslim backlash across UK
- Bangladesh allows transit for foodgrains for Northeast India
- Increasing friction between the Chandy and Chennithala factions
- 'Data shows gambling rampant in India'
- Madrasi heart for Pakistani Madrassa teacher
- Somayagam returns after 48 years
- Not a drop of Cauvery for people on its banks