Dhansika’s 'Paradesi' look revealed
By Express Features
10th August 2012 02:24 PM
Ever since actor Pooja — who missed out on a National Award for her performance in 'Naan Kadavul' — was signed up for a role in 'Paradesi', expectations have been high about it. Sources close to the production unit had even said that the role was created to win Pooja the elusive national honour. However, the actor was soon replaced by Dhansika in the film.
And now, the first photograph of Dhansika in the film has been revealed, with the 'Aravaan' actor donning the look of a tea estate worker!
A source close to the actor said Dhansika wasn’t required to take any training for her role and simply had to follow Bala’s instructions at the shooting spot.
“Her portion was shot for 60 days,” said the source. Bala seems to have asked her to dub for her role as well. After 'Peraanmai' and 'Aravaan', 'Paradesi' will be her third film in her own voice.
'Paradesi' is said to be based on incidents that took place in the ’30s. Actor Atharva plays the lead, with Vedika playing a female lead.
Shoot for the film took place in Manamadurai, Munnar, Thalayar and the forest areas of Kannakarai in Theni. The trailer and songs of the film are likely to be launched on September 19. The bilingual made in Tamil and Telugu is expected to hit the screens in October.
Bala has joined hands with G V Prakash Kumar for the first time in 'Paradesi'. Writer Nanjil Nadan has penned the dialogues and Chezhiyan has cranked the camera. Kishore has assumed the role of the editor.
- For team Rahul, it’s good politics that will yield rich dividends for poor Indians
- Incredible India! Cuppa at Rs 1,200 is Chiru’s idea of sustainable tourism
- Farmer gets wise, beats drought with micro-irrigation
- Translation to go hi-tech; C-DAC to launch ‘Translator’
- Hurdles galore as UPA walks road to Ballot 2014
- BJP's post-Karnataka gloom: Neither united nor untainted
- Hit by chit fund scam Mamata faces biggest challenge in 2 years
- Key relationships
- Car makers run into diesel dilemma
- Jaya expresses grief over pontiff's death
- Western Ghats: Gadgil’s missive to Kasturirangan opens fresh debate
- Siddaramaiah has his way with team
- Man arrested for attempt to attack TV host Ranjini Haridas
- Rs 8K-crore plan for upgrading ICVs of Army
- NEET 2013: CBSE gaffe leaves students in a fix