Madhubaanakkadai to ‘open’ in August
By Venkadesan S
26th July 2012 12:14 PM
It isn’t hard to imagine the chaos at TASMAC shops on the eve of Gandhi Jayanthi, which is a dry day. Debutant director Kamalakannan says he has connected similar occurrences in an interesting and engaging way in his film Madhubaanakkadai.
The film, which is set to release on August 2, will not have a protagonist or an antagonist, he informed the media. “Madhubaanakkadai will offer the audience a regular move-watching experience. Every character has a purpose to serve,” assures Kamalakannan, who is also the producer of the film. Kamalakannan has made a promo for the film using stop motion technique. Over 16,000 photos have been used for it. The attempt is said to be the first of its kind in Tamil cinema.
He says he can be as experimental as he wishes to be as this is his first film. “If you have noticed, the films which have made huge impact so far are the ones directed by newbies.”
“If Madhubaanakkadai does well, there are chances of me tasting similar success but for now, I want to concentrate on the making of this film,” concludes Kamalakannan.
- The Woolwich 'beheading' is straight out of al-Qaeda's terror manual
- Not a drop of Cauvery for people on its banks
- Dalit discrimination 'forms' in colleges
- Marine turtles giving Kerala a miss
- New mango named Nirbhaya after gang-rape victim
- Shortage of essential TB drug heightens risk to patients, others
- Four years of UPA-II
- Nine years as PM: What will be Manmohan Singh's legacy?
- There is betting link even in Sree's company
- Sahara Group accuses the BCCI of Betrayal
- Police summon CSK boss on spot-fixing
- IPL ban, takeover of BCCI sought
- Bride-to-be found with head smashed
- Names of UPA ministers will surface in IPL spot-fixing: Swamy
- Top LeT militant killed in encounter
- CBSE kids in fix as colleges begin enrolling