Machaan all set to tickle funny bones
By Venkadesan S
24th July 2012 12:49 PM
Shakthi Chidambaram, who is directing his next film Machaan after a year’s break, is nearly done with the talkie portions. The director, who is known for the humour quotient in his movies like Magha Nadigan and Englishkaran, seems to have added the right dose of it in Machaan as well. “It will be another movie with my trademark ingredients,” he says.
Actor Karunaas plays the lead role in the film, which also has Vivek in an important funny character. While the director is all praise for the latter for accepting to be part of the film, he says Karunaas is quick in grasping ideas. “I have worked with Sathyaraj sir before. After him, it is only Karunaas who okays all the shots in a single take,” he says.
Shakthi Chidambaram has appeared as Karunaas’ friend in a character called ‘Lollu’ Pandi in the film.
“It’s a small role and I play a drunkard,” he says. Only eight days of shooting remain to complete the project. Shakthi is hopeful that Machaan will be a successful laugh riot along the likes of Oru Kal Oru Kannadi and Kalakalappu.
- You are aiming high, but beware of marketers selling you as an FMCG
- With Advani visit, Modi begins charm offensive
- Social media goes martial over High Court's marital ruling
- Slum removal scheme tweaked to make it more effective
- Ready to tune in the lord, catch him up on Twitter
- 95 per cent stolen goods not recovered in Kerala, says NCRB
- Karnataka MLAs were frugal in their poll spending
- Now talcum powder linked to ovarian cancer
- Thousands missing near Kedarnath shrine
- Indian Coast Guards help rescue 26 crew from shipwreck near Yemen
- Army Major captures 'UFO' in Kerala
- Flaws in Koodankulam plant
- Prices of 348 drugs to come down drastically from May 15
- Learnt to embrace simplicity from SRK: Puvisha
- Callgate: Doctors were prime target for Biju, Saritha Nair
- Congress to vote in Nitish government's favour today