Dhansika likely in 'Ethir Neechal'
By Express Features
27th July 2012 04:32 PM
City Express had earlier reported that Sivakarthikeyan's 'Ethir Neechal' has another heroine apart from Priya Anand. We had then published that debutant director Senthil and producer Dhanush were in the process of finalising a well known actor for the role.
It is now known that Dhansika , who has acted in 'Aravaan', has been approached to play the role.
According to well-placed sources, the unit is trying to rope in the young, talented actor, and is awaiting her nod before making a formal announcement.
Dhansika made her debut as one of four female leads in Jayam Ravi starrer 'Peraanmai' directed by SP Jananathan. She also acted in 'Maanja Velu' opposite Arun Vijay and Aravaan with actor Aadhi.
Informed sources add that the character that she is being considered for is not a regular second heroine, but one that is has equal importance with Priya Anand and Sivakarthikeyan.
If sources are to be believed, the director wanted to cast an athlete to play the role, but seems to have been content with Dhansika as she has been a sports person. The actor is currently part of director Bala’s 'Paradesi', which has Atharva in the lead.
- For team Rahul, it’s good politics that will yield rich dividends for poor Indians
- BJP's post-Karnataka gloom: Neither united nor untainted
- Hit by chit fund scam Mamata faces biggest challenge in 2 years
- 'Kiran visited Delhi 76 times since he became CM'
- Bangalore scores low on medical tourism
- Sleepless nights, no baths for Sreesanth
- ‘Lack of anthropologists hits welfare policymaking’
- India's bleeding insurgencies: Lessons from Latin America
- Key relationships
- Car makers run into diesel dilemma
- Rs 8K-crore plan for upgrading ICVs of Army
- NEET 2013: CBSE gaffe leaves students in a fix
- Man arrested for attempt to attack TV host Ranjini Haridas
- Jaya expresses grief over pontiff's death
- Jiju Janardhanan’s house in Kannur wears deserted look
- Hope floats for Nokia