No more item numbers for 'Renigunta' star
By Venkadesan S, TNIE
24th June 2012 02:46 PM
Actress Sanjana Singh, who made a debut with 'Renigunta' as a woman involved in flesh trade, later relegated herself to item numbers, even in the recently released 'Marupadiyum Oru Kaadhal'. But now, she is determined to not resort to them anymore.
Her upcoming releases — 'Ragalaipuram', 'Rendavathu Padam' and 'Vetri Selvan' — seem to have given an opportunity to showcase the actor in her. Says she “After 'Renigunta', I wanted my presence be felt in the industry. Taking up item numbers was the way forward. Now, everyone can recognise me and I want to prove myself as a performer too. I won’t take up item numbers anymore.”
“I play a constable in 'Ragalaipuram' and fall in love with Karunaas in the film. But he will act as if he likes me to avoid his girlfriend,” says Sanjana. She is attempting humour for the first time and thanks Karunas for his tips for comedy sequences.
Sanjana plays a politician in director C S Amudhan’s 'Rendavathu Padam', and has joined comedian Ganja Karuppu in Ajmal starrer 'Vetri Selvan'. “I play an industrialist in 'Vetri Selvan' in which Ganja Karuppu proposes to me in different ways. The sequences involving both of us will be absolute rib ticklers,” says the actor, who has a dance number in the film.
Sanjana’s role in 'Rendavathu Padam' will be on a serious note, according to her. She is also part of 'Amali Thumali' in which she plays second heroine.
- For team Rahul, it’s good politics that will yield rich dividends for poor Indians
- Sleepless nights, no baths for Sreesanth
- 'Kiran visited Delhi 76 times since he became CM'
- Bangalore scores low on medical tourism
- ‘Lack of anthropologists hits welfare policymaking’
- India's bleeding insurgencies: Lessons from Latin America
- Western Ghat report has imperialist mindset: Ecologist
- Lot more to India-China ties than border stand-off: Experts
- Rs 8K-crore plan for upgrading ICVs of Army
- Man arrested for attempt to attack TV host Ranjini Haridas
- The toxic truth about ripe mangoes
- Jiju Janardhanan’s house in Kannur wears deserted look
- Shift me from ‘Anda’ cell, pleads Sanjay Dutt
- Indefinite strike leaves city parched; mineral water bottles fly off shop shelves
- DRDO chief expresses concern over FDI
- Sreesanth, 2 other players 'confess'; more players under scanner