No more item numbers for 'Renigunta' star
By Venkadesan S, TNIE
24th June 2012 02:46 PM
Actress Sanjana Singh, who made a debut with 'Renigunta' as a woman involved in flesh trade, later relegated herself to item numbers, even in the recently released 'Marupadiyum Oru Kaadhal'. But now, she is determined to not resort to them anymore.
Her upcoming releases — 'Ragalaipuram', 'Rendavathu Padam' and 'Vetri Selvan' — seem to have given an opportunity to showcase the actor in her. Says she “After 'Renigunta', I wanted my presence be felt in the industry. Taking up item numbers was the way forward. Now, everyone can recognise me and I want to prove myself as a performer too. I won’t take up item numbers anymore.”
“I play a constable in 'Ragalaipuram' and fall in love with Karunaas in the film. But he will act as if he likes me to avoid his girlfriend,” says Sanjana. She is attempting humour for the first time and thanks Karunas for his tips for comedy sequences.
Sanjana plays a politician in director C S Amudhan’s 'Rendavathu Padam', and has joined comedian Ganja Karuppu in Ajmal starrer 'Vetri Selvan'. “I play an industrialist in 'Vetri Selvan' in which Ganja Karuppu proposes to me in different ways. The sequences involving both of us will be absolute rib ticklers,” says the actor, who has a dance number in the film.
Sanjana’s role in 'Rendavathu Padam' will be on a serious note, according to her. She is also part of 'Amali Thumali' in which she plays second heroine.
- For team Rahul, it’s good politics that will yield rich dividends for poor Indians
- Four years of UPA-II
- Nine years as PM: What will be Manmohan Singh's legacy?
- Maharashtra’s aid to digitise rare manuscripts in Thanjavur
- 'Climate change may spell disaster for coastal economy'
- Lanka’s woman Thavil players fading away
- Pakistan's answer to electricity shortages: Don't wear socks
- All dead, no vultures fly in Andhra now!
- CM can go his way: Ramesh Chennithala
- BSNL Ernakulam posts Rs 390-crore turnover
- Knowledge and faith
- Chennai Super Kings beat Mumbai Indians, reach IPL finals
- Names of UPA ministers will surface in IPL spot-fixing: Swamy
- BrahMos missile test fired from Russian warship
- Incredible India! Cuppa at Rs 1,200 is Chiru’s idea of sustainable tourism
- Yasin Malik’s support for Sri Lanka Tamils a sham