Actress ‘Sowcar’ Janaki makes a comeback
By Express Features
21st June 2012 10:26 AM
The senior actor has given the nod to play a part in director Raj Mohan’s next, Vaanavaraayan Vallavaraayan, with actor Krishna in the lead.
It has been 13 years since Thodarum, a movie with Ajith in the lead, hit screens.and ‘Sowcar’ Janaki, who played an important role in that movie, did not accept any movie offer after that.
But now, the senior actor has given the nod to play a part in director Raj Mohan’s next, Vaanavaraayan Vallavaraayan, with actor Krishna in the lead.
Janaki, who is 81 years old, has issued a statement that she accepted the role after the filmmaker convinced her that she would play a role that completely suits her age. The senior artiste has done 385 films so far.
- India's bleeding insurgencies: Lessons from Latin America
- Western Ghat report has imperialist mindset: Ecologist
- Lot more to India-China ties than border stand-off: Experts
- Major industrial conglomerates making a beeline for Haryana
- Man kidnapped 23 years ago finds kin thanks to Google Maps
- Bangalore's techies start 'brand tattoos' craze
- Indian circuses struggle to adapt after court bans
- Want hassle-free tatkal ticket? Personally visit special counters
- Rs 8K-crore plan for upgrading ICVs of Army
- Man arrested for attempt to attack TV host Ranjini Haridas
- Kalabhavan Mani missing after assaulting forest staff
- Sreesanth, 2 other players 'confess'; more players under scanner
- Tamil Brahmi script dating to 500 BC found near Erode
- The toxic truth about ripe mangoes
- Shift me from ‘Anda’ cell, pleads Sanjay Dutt
- Meghalaya's CMJ University faces probe after awarding suspicious PhDs