Siddharth in new avatar
By Rinku Gupta | ENS
24th January 2013 10:56 AM
Actor Siddharth, who impressed audiences band critics with his romantic flick, Kadhalil Sodhapavadhu Eppadi, is back with an action thriller this time. The movie, titled Udhayam- NH4, is produced by Dayanidhi Alagiri’s Meeka Entertainment and Vetrimaaran’s Grass Roots Film Company.
The first-look posters of the film are out and the producers are excited about their venture together for several reasons.
Dayanidhi is all praise for his music director G V Prakash, who, he claims, has done magic with the music. Siddharth, he says, will be seen in new role. Dayanidhi cherishes the fact that he is making a film under his new banner, joining together the first few alphabets of the names of his maternal grandparents, Meenakshi and Karalan.
Velraj is the cameraman, while the heroine is newbie Ashrita. For Vetrimaaran, the joy is double, since apart from being the co-producer, he is also writing the script and screenplay for the film.
What’s added to his joy is that his childhood friend from 8th grade, Manimaran, will be directing the film. The film is in the final stages of shooting. The producers plan an audio launch in March, while the release is slated for June.
- The Woolwich 'beheading' is straight out of al-Qaeda's terror manual
- Not a drop of Cauvery for people on its banks
- Dalit discrimination 'forms' in colleges
- Marine turtles giving Kerala a miss
- New mango named Nirbhaya after gang-rape victim
- Shortage of essential TB drug heightens risk to patients, others
- Four years of UPA-II
- Nine years as PM: What will be Manmohan Singh's legacy?
- There is betting link even in Sree's company
- Sahara Group accuses the BCCI of Betrayal
- Police summon CSK boss on spot-fixing
- IPL ban, takeover of BCCI sought
- Bride-to-be found with head smashed
- Names of UPA ministers will surface in IPL spot-fixing: Swamy
- Top LeT militant killed in encounter
- CBSE kids in fix as colleges begin enrolling