Ajith to return as family entertainer!
By Express Features
04th December 2012 12:34 PM
It was last in Kireedam (2007), audience got to see Ajith in a role that they could easily relate with. The actor has signed a family entertainer that will be directed by Siruthai fame Shiva. Or that is what Vijay Productions promises in their next untitled project.
Ajith will start shooting for the film from March 2013 after completing his current project with director Vishnuvardhan.
The Ajith-Shiva film has a pool of actors including Jayaraman, Santhanam, J P, Ilavarasu and Tamanna. The 22-year-old actor will join the top brass of heroines in the market by playing Ajith’s love interest for the first time.
According to Shiva, the film will be a mass entertainer to equally satisfy Ajith’s fans. Cinematographer Vetri and composer Devi Sri Prasad have also been roped in for the project.
The songs are expected to be completed even before the actual shooting begins. Meanwhile, Ajith, who injured his right knee recently while shooting for Vishnuvardhan’s film, will undergo a surgery before shooting for Shiva’s film.
It is heard that the actor has put on more weight after the injury and many sequences are being shot in close up to hide the sudden marked difference in his appearance.
Earlier rumours were rife that filmmaker Gautham Vasudev Menon was keen on working with the actor, who has for a while been choosy about his roles.
- For team Rahul, it’s good politics that will yield rich dividends for poor Indians
- Four years of UPA-II
- Nine years as PM: What will be Manmohan Singh's legacy?
- Maharashtra’s aid to digitise rare manuscripts in Thanjavur
- 'Climate change may spell disaster for coastal economy'
- Lanka’s woman Thavil players fading away
- Pakistan's answer to electricity shortages: Don't wear socks
- All dead, no vultures fly in Andhra now!
- Suriya storms ahead of Vijay, Ajith online
- Incredible India! Cuppa at Rs 1,200 is Chiru’s idea of sustainable tourism
- Chennai Super Kings beat Mumbai Indians, reach IPL finals
- BSNL Ernakulam posts Rs 390-crore turnover
- Meghalaya's CMJ University faces probe after awarding suspicious PhDs
- Vindu Dara Singh nabbed for IPL scam links
- Chandy aborted Chennithala’s Cabinet berth: NSS
- Man arrested for attempt to attack TV host Ranjini Haridas