Actors Suriya and Ajith bond in Chennai
By Venkadesan S
29th November 2012 12:28 PM
It’s not too often that Kollywood biggies come together to spend time with each other. In fact, it is known that even if they attend events like weddings of people from the film industry, some of them even make an effort not to bump into each other. However, the situation seems to have been the other way around at director-actor Jyothi Krishna and his bride Aishwarya’s recent wedding reception.
One of K-Town’s favourite couples, Suriya and Jyothika, arrived at the venue around the same time star couple Ajith and Shalini dropped in to wish the newly-weds. Suriya, who once said he has respect for his counterparts actors Vijay and Ajith as they are both his seniors in the industry, went up to the Mankatha hero to enquire about how he was recovering from a recent injury. Sources add that Ajith was touched by Suriya’s gesture and that the duo was seen conversing for a while about films and family.
Though actor Vijay couldn’t make it to the wedding as he was busy shooting for his next film in Mumbai, his wife Sangeetha was there to wish Jyothi Krishna and Aishwarya.
She met both Jyothika and Shalini at the event. It apparently looked like the ladies had a lot of catching up to do, as they sat huddled around a table, garnering quite a bit of attention.
- For team Rahul, it’s good politics that will yield rich dividends for poor Indians
- Four years of UPA-II
- Nine years as PM: What will be Manmohan Singh's legacy?
- Maharashtra’s aid to digitise rare manuscripts in Thanjavur
- 'Climate change may spell disaster for coastal economy'
- Lanka’s woman Thavil players fading away
- Pakistan's answer to electricity shortages: Don't wear socks
- All dead, no vultures fly in Andhra now!
- CM can go his way: Ramesh Chennithala
- BSNL Ernakulam posts Rs 390-crore turnover
- Knowledge and faith
- Names of UPA ministers will surface in IPL spot-fixing: Swamy
- BrahMos missile test fired from Russian warship
- Chennai Super Kings beat Mumbai Indians, reach IPL finals
- Incredible India! Cuppa at Rs 1,200 is Chiru’s idea of sustainable tourism
- Yasin Malik’s support for Sri Lanka Tamils a sham