Piaa’s next film in Tamil
By Express Features
22nd November 2012 10:50 AM
Actor Piaa Bajpai was last seen in the Tamil film Ko (2011)as a journalist, along with actors Jiiva and Karthika. While she is currently playing one of the female leads with Reemma Sen and Bindu Madhavi in Thozhan directed by Sneha Britto, she has also signed another Tamil film titled Koottam.
Koottam is directed by a debutant M Jeevan, who has already assisted Ram Gopal Varma in his films. According to the filmmaker, Koottam is about naxals and how a few police officers and politicians don’t let a group of naxals start their lives afresh. The director says the film would narrate their poignant story in an engaging manner.
Bajpai plays the lady love of Navin Chandra, the male lead in the film. Chandra has already done Therodum Veedhiyilae in Tamil.
Actors Kishore, Nasser and Saikumar play important roles in the film and the last schedule of the film will take place in Chennai. James Vasanthan has scored the music.
With Thozhan close to be wrapped up soon, it’s not sure which of the films would be the first to hit the screens!
- For team Rahul, it’s good politics that will yield rich dividends for poor Indians
- Four years of UPA-II
- Nine years as PM: What will be Manmohan Singh's legacy?
- Maharashtra’s aid to digitise rare manuscripts in Thanjavur
- 'Climate change may spell disaster for coastal economy'
- Lanka’s woman Thavil players fading away
- Pakistan's answer to electricity shortages: Don't wear socks
- All dead, no vultures fly in Andhra now!
- Suriya storms ahead of Vijay, Ajith online
- Incredible India! Cuppa at Rs 1,200 is Chiru’s idea of sustainable tourism
- Chennai Super Kings beat Mumbai Indians, reach IPL finals
- BSNL Ernakulam posts Rs 390-crore turnover
- Meghalaya's CMJ University faces probe after awarding suspicious PhDs
- Vindu Dara Singh nabbed for IPL scam links
- Man arrested for attempt to attack TV host Ranjini Haridas
- CCTV must for BPUT exam centres