'Thuppakki' mints Rs 10.01 crore in Tamil Nadu
By IANS - CHENNAI
16th November 2012 02:00 PM
Tamil actor Vijay-starrer action-thriller "Thuppakki" managed to collect a whopping Rs.10.01 crore within the first three days
of its release in Tamil Nadu.
"The film collected approximately Rs.10.01 crore from Tamil Nadu in the first three days. This is one of the best openings for a Tamil film released this year. "Thuppakki" is doing extraordinary business in other parts of the country too," Trinath, trade analyst told IANS.
"The numbers from other parts of the country and overseas are yet to come in," he added.
"Thuppakki", which released Nov 13 worldwide in over 1,000 screens, is about a captain from the India Army, played by Vijay, who comes to Bombay on a vacation, but gets himself involved in a terrorist scheme, which is bigger than anticipated.
Kajal Agarwal, Satyan, Mano Bala, Vidyut Jamwal and Jayaram have played key roles in the film, which is directed by A.R. Murugadoss, and has music by Harris Jeyaraj.
Meanwhile, the Telugu dubbed version of the film titled "Thupaki" faced release problems on the opening day in Andhra Pradesh.
"The Telugu version of the film couldn't be released in most theatres in Andhra Pradesh because of some misunderstanding between the distributors and theatre owners, but all that got resolved very soon. The film has done equally good business in Andhra Pradesh too," added Trinath.
- India's bleeding insurgencies: Lessons from Latin America
- Western Ghat report has imperialist mindset: Ecologist
- Lot more to India-China ties than border stand-off: Experts
- Major industrial conglomerates making a beeline for Haryana
- Man kidnapped 23 years ago finds kin thanks to Google Maps
- Bangalore's techies start 'brand tattoos' craze
- Indian circuses struggle to adapt after court bans
- Want hassle-free tatkal ticket? Personally visit special counters
- Rs 8K-crore plan for upgrading ICVs of Army
- Man arrested for attempt to attack TV host Ranjini Haridas
- The toxic truth about ripe mangoes
- Shift me from ‘Anda’ cell, pleads Sanjay Dutt
- Jiju Janardhanan’s house in Kannur wears deserted look
- Indefinite strike leaves city parched; mineral water bottles fly off shop shelves
- Sreesanth, 2 other players 'confess'; more players under scanner
- Meghalaya's CMJ University faces probe after awarding suspicious PhDs