By Express Features
12th November 2012 01:18 PM
Actors Karthi and Santhanam, whom audiences have seen only as friends in Siruthai and Saguni, for the first time, will be portraying a dislike for each other in Alex Pandian. Before you jump to a conclusion, Santhanam doesn’t play the villain in the film as there are already Milind Soman, Suman and Mahadevan to fight it out with Karthi. Santhanam plays a bullfighter (Jallikattu) and Karthi, a reckless person who takes shelter in the former’s place.
But Santhanam is scared of Karthi and tries to keep him away from his house. In the process, Santhanam creates a few plots to keep Karthi away from home, but those very plots turn in latter’s favour putting the comedian under immense pressure. The reason behind Santhanam’s hatred will be known only in the second half of the film.
Actor Anushka, who essays the role of Karthi’s love interest in the film, will be seen in a regular commercial Tamil movie after a long stint. Stunt sequences of this film are said to be an action treat for the audience.
There songs are composed by Devi Sri Prasad and the film has been slated for Pongal release along with director Ameer’s Aadhi Bhagavan.
- For team Rahul, it’s good politics that will yield rich dividends for poor Indians
- Four years of UPA-II
- Nine years as PM: What will be Manmohan Singh's legacy?
- Maharashtra’s aid to digitise rare manuscripts in Thanjavur
- 'Climate change may spell disaster for coastal economy'
- Lanka’s woman Thavil players fading away
- Pakistan's answer to electricity shortages: Don't wear socks
- All dead, no vultures fly in Andhra now!
- CM can go his way: Ramesh Chennithala
- BSNL Ernakulam posts Rs 390-crore turnover
- Knowledge and faith
- Chennai Super Kings beat Mumbai Indians, reach IPL finals
- Names of UPA ministers will surface in IPL spot-fixing: Swamy
- Incredible India! Cuppa at Rs 1,200 is Chiru’s idea of sustainable tourism
- Yasin Malik’s support for Sri Lanka Tamils a sham
- BrahMos missile test fired from Russian warship